Like I described in this post I used to publish videos using an AutoHotkey script. Before that I did it manually of course, which worked fine when I only occasionally published videos. But once I needed to publish videos on time every other day (as my schedule was in the beginning) I needed an automated way of doing it. Thus I wrote the script, which in brief would read text files I would write containing the url of the video and named with the desired publish date. The script opened the URL in my browser on my laptop (not my main computer) and would essentially click the “publish” button on the videos edit page.
This worked for the most part, but sometimes the script would fail to publish a video, which wasn’t a big deal when I was at home and could have it retry immediately. But as I might not always be home, I knew I couldn’t continue relying on this script. And attempts to make it more reliable had failed.