Slight artjustments

In the previous post I detailed how the modifiers have the ability to multiply the score bonus which is how it worked when I wrote the article. About a day after writing it though I changed how modifiers work. I decided that the multiplication business was too complicated.

Now a modifier just has one value, this value is multiplied by the input (such as the number of characters) and added to the total. The minimum threshold determines if the modifier should be displayed in the log or not. There is no point printing 1 character to the log. But anything above that will show.

That’s pretty much it, except some minor adjustments to the interface.

The YouTube and it’s API

Like I described in this post I used to publish videos using an AutoHotkey script. Before that I did it manually of course, which worked fine when I only occasionally published videos. But once I needed to publish videos on time every other day (as my schedule was in the beginning) I needed an automated way of doing it. Thus I wrote the script, which in brief would read text files I would write containing the url of the video and named with the desired publish date. The script opened the URL in my browser on my laptop (not my main computer) and would essentially click the “publish” button on the videos edit page.

This worked for the most part, but sometimes the script would fail to publish a video, which wasn’t a big deal when I was at home and could have it retry immediately. But as I might not always be home, I knew I couldn’t continue relying on this script. And attempts to make it more reliable had failed.

Continue reading “The YouTube and it’s API”